Chris Bailey is working up in Thompson, Manitoba, he says it was a balmy -16° there today, but Saturday's temp -23° will be more the norm for this time of the year!
For dinner last night he made Spicy Pork Sloppy Joe's, of course, featuring RED SOSS!
GET SOSSY, THOMPSON, MANITOBA, AND STAY WARM!
>> 1 lb. ground pork, or beef
>> 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
>> 3/4 cup onions, diced
>> 2 tbsp. jalapeno peppers, minced finely
>> 1 tsp. ground cumin
>> 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
>> 4 tbsp. RED SOSS
>> 1 tbsp. honey
>> 1/4 cup water
>> 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
>> 4 soft sandwich rolls, warmed
>> Salt, black pepper and HOT SOSS
* Use a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and ground pork.
* Stir until the meat is cooked through. Remove, reserving the oil in the pan.
* In the same pan, add the onions, cook for about 2 minutes or until softened.
* Add the jalapenos, cumin, coriander, RED SOSS and stir for 1 minute. Then, add the honey and water.
* Stir until smooth, adding more water if needed. Return the meat back to the pan, stir to coat evenly with the sauce and simmer until hot.
* Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
* Divide the meat mixture on warmed buns and top each with some shredded cheddar cheese.